Decatur County General Hospital Radiology Department provides state of the art, diagnostic testing. These exams are performed by ARRT registered Radiologic Technologist and interpreted by a board certified Radiologist.
Services offered include:
- CT (Cat Scan) – a 16 slice detector provides fast imaging of the brain, chest, abdomen, pelvis, and extremities. CTA, also known as CT angiography, is available.
- Mammography – we now offer digital mammography. Our ACR accredited mammography suite provides patients with a comfortable atmosphere, and the latest in digital imaging.
- Ultrasound – services include: routine sonography (abdomen, pelvis, breast, thyroid, etc.) as well as, vascular and echocardiography.
- MRI – this service includes all routine MRI / MRA procedures and is provided by a mobile unit every Tuesday.
- Bone Density (DEXA) – know your risk for osteoporosis. This quick, painless exam screens patients for loss of bone density (osteopenia / osteoporosis).
- X-Ray – routine images are digitally obtained and stored for transmission via computer.
The Radiology Department is staffed 24 hours per day / 7 days a week for emergency services.
Outpatient testing is performed Monday – Friday 8am / 4pm by appointment.
To schedule an appointment call 731-847-1260